10.03.2007

RSS in Plain English / Flock Social Browser

Below is another great video from the Commoncraft Show explaining how RSS feeds work and why you need one. So watch the vid, subscribe to this blog and get your reader account going. Personally, I love Google Reader and wonder how I ever got along without it. Blogs are my main source of information; I've found that they are usually way ahead of the mainstream media in terms of timing and content. The hardest thing is keeping up with all of my feeds! More on that later... For now, just watch the video...



I've also been playing around with Flock, a social browser built on the Firefox code. It's supposed to keep your feeds, blogs, pics and videos all in one easy accessible place. It has some cool features, like a built-in blog editor and media stream of pics or videos. The jury is still out on whether I would use this browser full time. We'll see...

No comments: